- 1 x Large banana, mashed
- 2 x Eggs, whisked
- 1/2 x Cup skim milk
- 1 x Tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1/6 x cup oil (oil or melted butter of choice)
- 1 x Large mango, diced OR 1 x cup frozen mango, defrosted
- 1 x Cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 x Cup regular self-raising flour
- 1/4 x Cup flaked coconut
- 2 x Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 x Teaspoon cinnamon
- Few extra mango chunks
- 1 x Tablespoon flaked coconut
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Prepare 8 medium sized muffin tins and line with paper cases.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the mashed banana with eggs, milk, honey and oil. Whisk to combine.
3. Add in the sifted flours, vanilla, coconut and cinnamon. Mix together very gently, don't overmix.
4. Lastly fold through the mango chunks. Spoon into muffin cups about 2/3 full and then press in some extra mango pieces, sprinkle with coconut.
5. Bake for 30 minutes until golden and cooked through. Enjoy warm or cold.