- 3 & 1/2 x cups Rolled Oats (not quick oats)
- 3/4 x cup sliced, roasted almonds
- 1/2 x cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 x teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Teeny tiiny pinch of salt
- 1/2 X cup maple syrup
- 1/2 x cup almond butter or peanut butter
- 1/6 x cup of macadamia nut oil (or any neutral flavoured oil)
- 2 x teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine oats, almonds, coconut, salt.
3. In a smaller (microwave safe) bowl, combine the nut butter, maple syrup, oil, and vanilla extract. Microwave for 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir until smooth and combined. Pour mixture over oat mixture. Pour onto a large baking sheet that has been lined with parchement paper or a Silpat baking mat. Spread out the evenly on the pans.
4. Bake granola for one hour, stirring once or twice, or until granola is slightly golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool completely on the baking sheet. Don’t stir while cooling.
Store this in the pantry, in an airtight container or jar. Will last about a month (but I'm sure it'll be eaten before then ;) )