10 x Fresh medjool dates, pitted.
3 x Super-ripe bananas, mashed.
1/2 x Cup raw cacao or cocoa powder
1 x Cup almond meal
1/2 x Cup hazelnut meal
2 x Tablespoons macadamia nut oil (or any light oil)
2 x Teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 x Cup hazelnuts, chopped
OPTIONAL - 1/3 cup of dark choc chunks
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Prepare a 20cm square tin with baking paper.
2. Place the dates, banana, cacao, almond meal, hazelnut meal oil, vanilla and in a food processor and process until smooth.
3. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin, scraping the sides of the processor with a spatula if you need to. If you're keen, stir through the choc chips.
4. Pour into tray, smooth and press hazelnuts into top of brownie mix. Bake for 20 minutes or until just firm.
5. Turn out brownie onto a cooling rack and allow to cool. Then cut into squares and store in the refrigerator.
Makes twelve chunky pieces YUM.
Love chocolate? You'll love these!