There’s nothing better than experimenting in the kitchen, I love putting on some tunes and cooking away, talk about therapy! This Avocado and Pine nut pesto is a great dip, perfect for an afternoon snack and a great way to get a serve of nuts in.
- 4 x Tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 x Cups fresh basil leaves
- 1 x Large avocado
- 3 x Cloves garlic
- ¼ x Cup lemon juice
- 2 x Tablespoons water
- ¼ x Cup grated parmesan
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 2 x Pita Bread & Pine nuts, to serve
1. Combine pine nuts, basil leaves, avocado, garlic and lemon juice in a food processor and pulse for 30 seconds or until combined. Add in water and process until smooth.
2. Transfer pesto to a small bowl and stir in parmesan, season with salt and pepper.
3. Lightly coat 2 x Pita Breads in olive oil and roast on an oven tray at 180 C until crisp and crunchy. Break up pita bread into bite size pieces.
4. Serve dip with pita pieces and additional pine nuts to top the dip.
Store in an airtight container or jar and keep in the fridge. Best used within five days.
Makes 2 Cups
Interested in incorporating more nuts into your diet?
Yeah you are! Most Australian’s aren’t reaching their recommended 30g serve a day, in fact it’s more like 6-7g of nuts a day!
Join me in the #nuts30days30ways challenge and share on social media how you snack on nuts for every day of September!