- 1 x Cup self raising flour
- 1 x Cup almond meal
- 1 x Teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 x Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 75g x Pitted medjool dates, chopped
- 1 x Cup skim milk
- 1/6 x Cup oil (rice bran, macadamia nut) or melted butter
- 2 x Eggs
- 1 x Cup mashed banana (about 2 large nanas)
- 1 x Extra banana, sliced long & thin (to top)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a medium loaf pan with non-stick baking paper. Sift the flour, almond meal, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon into a large bowl. Stir through the dates.
2. Combine the milk, oil, eggs and banana in a separate, small bowl. Fold into the date mixture until well combined. Pour into the pan.
3. Place the thin slices across the top of the loaf mixture and press in lightly. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until firm to touch. Cool for 5 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Like bananas? Then you'll LOVE these Choc-Banana Brownies.