This zucchini slice is so easy to whip up, it tastes so fresh and is full of goodness. A tray should get you roughly four lunches for the week, pack with some salad and you're ready to go!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 3 large zucchini, grated
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon parsley, diced
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup self raising wholemeal flour
- 50g goats cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C (350°F). Line a 20 cm x 20 cm square tin.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the onion and garlic, cook for 5 minutes or until light golden. Place in medium mixing bowl. Add the zucchini, peas, parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- In a small jug, whisk together the four eggs, milk and flour to combine. Add to zucchini mix and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into tin and press goats cheese across the top, pressing down slightly. Bake for 40–45 minutes or until golden. Cut into slices to once cooled.
Makes 9 pieces