December is here and Christmas is on it's way! There's so much to love about this time of year, the food, the fun, the social events. Gosh there's a lot to look forward to.
Christmas treats (whilst totally delicious!) are often laden with sugar and calories, so I've whipped up this healthy alternative - Gingerbread Bliss Balls!
· 400g (1 can) chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
· 1/4 cup all natural almond butter
· 4 medjool dates (pits removed)
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1/2 cup almond meal
· 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
· 1 tsp mixed spice (or to taste)
· 1/2 tsp ground ginger (or to taste)
1. Add chickpeas, peanut butter, dates, vanilla extract, almond meal, coconut and spices to a food processor and pulse until well combined. If you need to, slowly add a little water, until it mixes well.
2. Roll into little balls (you'll get roughly 10-12) and refrigerate to keep shape.